How To Join
Are you interested in becoming an alumni or associate member of the Association of Women in Agriculture? Are you a former member interested in joining our alumni? Are you a friend of the organization who would like to get more involved?
Fill out our 2020 Membership Form to join. For more information on becoming an alumni or associate member, contact Megan Lauber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on attending AWA Day on April 18, 2020 contact Mariah Martin at email@example.com and visit our event webpage.
Alumni/Associate members can contribute and benefit from AWA in many ways:- Alumni Networking: Professional and personal development
- AWA ListServe Access: Allows members to distribute and have access to job, internship and scholarship opportunities as well as AWA events
- Student Mentorship Program: Students are matched with alumni/associate members for mentorship (Contact the Student Alumni Coordinator to learn more)
- Networking Dinners: Host or attend dinners for networking (Contact the Programming Chair to discuss hosting a dinner at your home or office)
- AWA Day: Our annual meeting and banquet held each spring (Check out our events page for more information)
- Speaking Opportunities: Present any topic at student meetings/events (Contact the Student Vice President to discuss topics and to schedule the engagement)
- Give Back: Donate to our scholarship fund which awards scholarships to active student members
- Leadership: Get involved by serving on the corporation board and committees including
- Advancement - The Advancement Committee is responsible for membership recruitment, along with increasing the financial resources of AWA.
- Communications - The Communications Committee oversees the AWA website, E-Alerts and public relations.The committee is also responsible for the mentorship program.
- Education - The Education Committee is responsible for the management of AWA's scholarship accounts at the UW Foundation and coordinates the recruitment, selection and distribution of AWA's scholarships.
- Financial Management - The Financial Management Committee manages the finances of AWA Inc. Primary responsibilities include managing the mortgage of the house, setting rent and planning for long-term maintenance and capital expenses.
- House Management - The House Management Committee conducts all business relating to the management of AWA's house.
- Programming - The Programming Committee is responsible for planning student/alumni events, such as AWA Day and networking dinners.
To update your contact information on file with us, please contact Barbara Cooper Sherman at BarbaraSherman@wi.rr.com.