How To Join
Are you interested in becoming an alumni member of the Association of Women in Agriculture? Are you a former member interested in joining our alumni? Would you like to reunite with past AWA sisters and friends?
For information on becoming an alumni member, contact Abbey Wethal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on becoming a student member, contact Jessica Wendt at email@example.com.
Alumni and professionals can contribute and benefit from AWA in many ways:Student mentorship program where students are matched with alumni/associate members with similar interests to coach and provide insight. Contact the Student Alumni Coordinator to learn more.
Hosting or attending networking dinners to bring students and alumni together for career and social discussions. Contact the Programming Chair to discuss hosting a dinner at your home or office
Attending AWA Day, our annual meeting and banquet in the spring of the year. Check out our events for more information.
Attending professional development events such as the Women's Ag Leadership summit.
Speak at meetings and events - topics from leadership to career advice and time management and more have been past topics alumni/associate members have talked to members about. Contact the Student Vice President to discuss topics and schedule
Donating to our scholarship fund which awards scholarships to members
Serving on the corporation board and committees including:
- Advancement - The Advancement Committee is responsible for membership recruitment, along with increasing the financial resources of AWA.
- Communications - The Communications Committee oversees the AWA website, E-Alerts and public relations.The committee is also responsible for the mentorship program.
- Education - The Education Committee is responsible for the management of AWA's scholarship accounts at the UW Foundation and coordinates the recruitment, selection and distribution of AWA's scholarships.
- Financial Management - The Financial Management Committee manages the finances of AWA Inc. Primary responsibilities include managing the mortgage of the house, setting rent and planning for long-term maintenance and capital expenses.
- House Management - The House Management Committee conducts all business relating to the management of AWA's house.
- Programming - The Programming Committee is responsible for planning student/alumni events, such as the Women's Ag Leadership Summit, AWA Day, networking dinners, etc.
To update your contact information on file with us, please contact Barbara Cooper Sherman at BarbaraSherman@wi.rr.com.